FD Community Federal Credit Union takes safeguarding your personal and financial information seriously. The following mobile security tips and precautions will help protect your account and keep sensitive information private.
- When not in use, keep your mobile device locked with a password.
- Turn off your mobile browser “remember password.”
- Do not store login information on the mobile device.
- Do not store private information on your phone.
- Never send sensitive account information via text message or unsecure email.
- Take advantage of all security options available on your device.
- Consider installing an anti-virus software application on your mobile device.
- Frequently delete browser history and text messages.
- Do not open messages from an unknown sender.
- Never click directly on links in emails unless you are sure of the destination.
- Take extra precautions when downloading applications to your mobile device and understand the permissions the application is requesting.
- If you lose your mobile device, log into your account from another computer and change your User ID and Password.
For more information about on-line security and how to protect your identity, you can visit our e-Fraud Prevention website.
FD Community Federal Credit Union will never call, email, or send a text message asking for your login credentials i.e. your username or password. If you receive a suspicious communication, please contact the credit union at 203-753-9201 during normal business hours.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns. If you ever feel that your personal information has been compromised, please contact FD Community Federal Credit Union as soon as possible at 203-753-9201 during normal business hours.